Saturday, March 22, 2008

Random Things About Me

I've been tagged by Keely.
The rules: Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

  1. I love Chicken Pot Pies. You know, the gross ones by Marie Callendar? Oh yeeeeeah.
  2. I have three kids. An almost-4YO and a set of identical girl twins that are 19 months old. No, they don't look identical and no it doesn't run in our family. (Side note: While fraternal twinning does usually run in families, there is no scientific data to support identical twinning being passed down in families. It is just a genetic fluke and happens randomly.)
  3. I was an aquatic entomological taxonomist before I became a 7th grade teacher. Teaching 7th graders is like sticking a hot needle in your eye some days. I still like the bugs better.
  4. I dislike being on the water. It is a visceral fear that sometimes makes me want to throw up. My husband bought a larger-sized ocean boat so we can take the kids and go out of Whittier. Yea. So. Excited.
  5. I have been garment sewing for exactly a year now. I started last year on the Equinox. I'll never stop.
  6. I have a collection of Demestid Beetles in my classroom. There is also a decomposing lynx head in with them. "Science Stinks" is my current mantra at school.
  7. My husband and I didn't have a TV for years. We finally broke down and got one so my son could watch Sesame Street and other fun cartoons.

Here are my tagees: Kat, Kasizzle, Paula, Karen, Reethi, Dana, and Laura.

Small type: I don't normally participate in chain-mail type things but this one is fun I think. If nothing else, it let me think about seven weird facts about myself. I guess I really am a weirdo like my students say. :)

1 comment:

Keely said...

Wow. Beetles and a decomposing head. That's my sort of science classroom. :)