Sunday, April 27, 2008

Burda - 03-2008-115 - Pleated Dress Part IV

It's done and I love it!! The full review is on PR.
I had to take a couple of pictures outside because this fabric gets so shiny with the flash. The outside ones turned out really nice.
The hem. This is called a knife-edge hem. You turn your hem and sew 1/4" from the edge, trim all the fabric away, and sew another 1/4" hem.
With black shoes. I think I will buy strappy silver sandals. I've been looking at Zappos.com.
My button and tube. I wish I could have gotten the tube thinner.
Front with bad lighting.
Back with really bad lighting.
Front pleats. I love all the details.
The slit at te front. It does go pretty low but it is still conservative because the slit remains closed, mostly.
My cuffs. You where suposed to cover all raw edges by folding the band inside and topstitching but I like this better.

I really like these shoes.

18 comments:

CraftRage said...

Oh wow! What a flattering dress! Lovely work!

Kat said...

Mmmm! Absolutely lovely :) !!!

Unknown said...

That is sooooo flattering on you. It really shows off your slim shape. A very feminine dress, but your fabric choice keeps it from crossing the line to prissy. You simply look fantastic!

Erica Bunker said...

That dress is beautiful! It looks fantastic on you!

loopylulu said...

Pretty. I love the fabric you used for this.

Anonymous said...

HOLY SMOKES!!! That came out fantastic! I absolutely love the slit in the front and that fabric is va va va VOOOM! Love it. Great job!

Alexandra said...

Your dress came out absolutely fabulous! And those shoes you picked look great!

Adrienne said...

Oh how beautiful!!!!

kasizzle said...

Wow! Looks beautiful on you.
Do you have some place special to wear it?

Meg said...

Damn, what I would give to have a model's figure like yours. Everything you make looks so good on you. Nice work!

Christina said...

Wow! Gorgeous dress. Looks like a tough fabric to work with? It was worth it :)

Lashell said...

Beautiful dress. That dress is on my must sew summer list in georgette.

Anonymous said...

Wow. How unbelievably gorgeous.

Keely said...

What a beautiful dress!

Angelia said...

WOW! This is amazing beautiful! You look fabulous in this dress. Great job!

Marita said...

I loved this dress the minute I saw it in BWOF. You made it look so good ( love that fabric) and it fits you really well, congrats!!!...and get those silver shoes, they're awsome.

Reethi said...

Oh wow, wow! Honestly, didn't give this dress a second look in the magazine, but it looks absolutely amazing on you!

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty dress. It looks great on you. You don't look like a Mom of 3 little ones. I admire how much sewing you get done each season. Great job!