Sunday, November 16, 2008

I'm Closer to Being On-Task

These are the alterations I made to the t-shirt front. I made a low v-neck by looking at this BWOF top. I took in a few inches at the waist and I made the skirt part a bit more a-line (left photo). The middle photo just shows the places where I slashed and spread the pieces. The right picture shows what parts I slashed and when. The pink slashes were done for the muslin. I found that it wasn't gathered enough for me on the muslin so I added the teal slashes for the real dress.


To figure out how to slash and spread to make gathers I have Marie to thank for pointing out the BurdaStyle directions and Nancy K for pointing me to Debbie Cook's top over at PatternReview.com. Thanks guys!!

3 comments:

katherine h said...

fabulous knock-off! I love this pattern too. I only found your blog a few day ago, and I'm lovin' it!

Linda L said...

I am so impressed with your sewing. Great looking dress/jumper.

Kim said...

I think I may have to knock-off your knock-off! I absolutely love this. I'm not sure I can pull off that many gathers especially with the fabric I'm thinking of though. I have that BWOF for the dress, which one is the V-neck from? Just gorgeous!