Friday, February 5, 2010

KwikSew 3760 Boobilicious . . .

I decided to make a muslin of the KwikSew dress. I am using a stretch twill. I used the reverse side for the neckband and will use that for the waistband too. So far, it's looking very busty. I should be able to get the rest of this sewn up tonight. I'm hoping that the fit is spot on and then I'll go back and really sew it up. I love this twill. I didn't realize that the bodice was so empire-y. It doesn't look like that on the model photos. Odd. Things do tend to look different when on the body though.


I should have known the bust might be an issue after looking at these pieces. See that really rockin' princess seam curve? Yea, I'm not so rockin'. But, we'll see what it looks like after the back and skirt are on.

9 comments:

Myra said...

I like that print, and princess seams.

Trudy said...

The fabric is gorgeous.

NuJoi said...

I love that fabric! Where did you get it and is there any left??! It is beautiful.

Cennetta said...

This is going to be a cute little number.

Tracey said...

Love the fabric. Can't wait to see the finished dress.

Dr. Fun (AKA Sister) said...

I'm eager to see how it fits, because I have the skeletal chest as well, and I'm usually looking for stuffing to fill things out.

julia said...

Great fabric!!

marysews said...

Wow - what a pretty fabric!

Bunny said...

Really great fabric. I sense a wearable muslin happening.