Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Kwik Sew 4134 - Founcy Knit Top

I’m working my way through my $0.10 patterns. There are some that I rather love, like this flouncy knit top. The front is kind of boring, but I love the back. I also think next time I will add a neck cowl neck to it. Doesn’t it just need one?
ks_4134_6ks_4134_5

 

The fabric is from the National City Swap Meet, shockingly. It’s a thin, ribbed sweater knit. I love the heathered coloring and it’s nice and cozy on. (The scarf is just a $4.00 scarf from Target!)
ks_4134_2

 

I used Version A for the front and Version B for the back. I wanted the longer length in the back. You can see from the side view that the change in angle from front to back is pretty steep. I should have made it a little less steep. I do love the but coverage though. The sleeves are kind of a weird length. Originally, they were the full length, but I didn’t love the entire-torso-in-teal so I cut them off a bit. I think right above the elbow would have been better.
ks_4134_3
ks_4134_4

 

Isn’t the back fun? With gathering AND a ruffle? How can it get more fun than that? Well, it would be more fun if it wasn’t sticking to my Jalie Eleonore jeans, but they are still pretty fun, I say!
ks_4134_1

 

I’ll make another of these, but with a large cowl this time. And maybe lace on the bottom. Next up, outfit for Daughter #2.

No comments: