Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Jalie Celeste

I’ve already made the other view of the Jalie pattern. That is the strappy unitard. Remember how I told you that “the other twin would want one”? Well, here’s the other one. I was right about the popularity of these unitards. The girls are big fans and both “needed” one. This is View A and it is very different than the other one. This one includes a zip front and a partially open back.
FullSizeRender (79)

 

You can tell this is a little big. They are long and thin. They measure in the L size range for the bust, waist, and hip but in the O range for the length of their torso. I knew this would fit with negative ease and I didn’t want to have to lengthen the torso. I really love how it turned out.
FullSizeRender (86)

 

Can you tell she’s a big fan?
FullSizeRender (85)
FullSizeRender (84)

 

See the wrinkles in the back? That’s because of her smaller measurements. When she gets wider, that will all stretch out.
FullSizeRender (83)
FullSizeRender (82)

 

The front bodice and back piece are lined.
FullSizeRender (81)

 

One thing I forgot to tell you about in the first leotard is the interesting crotch construction. The back piece is very long and basically makes it’s own gusset. The seam that would normally run on your inner legs is pushed up toward the front so that they are near the front of your thighs and not the middle. That probably doesn’t make sense but look at the pattern pieces and it’ll make more sense.
FullSizeRender (88)

 

I used a Spandex House fabric for the bodice and waist. The blue Supplex fabric was bought in Las Vegas a year ago. I also have this in a dark green too. I’m saving it for something special.
FullSizeRender (80)

What’s next? I don’t know. I think swimsuits. The twins’ swimsuits are old and they don’t fit well. AT. ALL.

No comments: