Sunday, February 25, 2018

Ottobre 02-2018 #4 Knit Dress with V-Neck

So I told you I loved knit dresses, right? Well, here's the first one and I love it as much as I thought I would. This is the v-neck bodice with the flared skirt. I made the bodice first to get the fit right. I wanted to make sure that the waist seam would hit in the actual waist. The only change I made to the pattern was to add my normal inch in the bodice for my long torso. This is made out of a Liverpool knit I bought in National City at the Swap Meet.





I really like how it turned out. I made it out of a crazy print on purpose. I wanted something stable, but stretchy and I wanted the pattern to hide any imperfections. This would be SO FUN in a striped fabric. My little darlings love photo-time. 





I love the flair of the skirt and I love that you can wear it with a belt or not. 




When I first made it, it was a bit loose at the waist seam even though I had added clear elastic to the waist seam to suck it in a little. After I tried it on, I added 3/8" elastic to the rear waist seam to really pull it in. I think I overdid it and you can see some gathers in the pictures of the back. I won't do that next time. 

 




I used red thread to do all the hems. 




I really like it and I've already traced out the other skirt bottom. I'mm keep you posted! 

No comments: